Motivation is the biggest obstacle between you and your next great workout. We’ve all been there before and chosen excuses instead of action! The good news is there are effective motivation “hacks” to get yourself excited on those days you just don’t have it. Here are 5 of my favorites:
1. Just Put On Workout Clothes- Gym clothes can instantly transform your mood and make you want to workout. Getting to the gym is half the battle and putting on gym clothes is a great first step. Don’t put them on unless you’re ready to walk out the door. The longer you sit around in gym clothes the more they lose their powers of motivation.
2. The Power of the Playlist- Music is my ultimate motivator but to truly harness its power you have to organize it. It’s a major buzzkill when you just killed a set to “Work” by Rhianna and the next song up is “Someone Like You” by Adele. I like to make a playlist filled with my best booty moving jams. A great playlist is like having a personal trainer minus the $70 per hour! Pick 15-20 of your favorite get sweaty songs and have them ready in a playlist next time you need a littl extra oophm! Update your playlist with at least 2-3 new songs per month to keep it fresh.
3. 10 Minutes- Make a deal with yourself to go to the gym for just 10 minutes on days you’re struggling to find the motivation. 9 out of 10 times you’ll be able to get your heart rate up enough to realize you’re already there so might as well put in some real work. Worse case scenario you got your blood flowing and will feel much better than if you never went at all.
4. Memory Lane Pic- You know that picture you use for your social media profiles? The full body one you’re proud of because it’s you at your body’s best. Take a moment to pull that picture up and take a long, hard look at it. Realize you’ve looked like that before and you can again!
5. New Workout Routine- Boredom is the number one killer of motivation. Sooner or later workouts become stale if you keep doing the same routine over and over again. Not only will your body benefit from mixing it up but so will your mind. Switch up your routine every 4-6 weeks and you’ll be surprised how much more you look forward to it. Take a class, try a HIIT workout, run a mile outside, or anything else to break up your normal routine.
Gym Outfit Details
- Sports Bra – Reebok
- Jogger Pants – Express
- Jacket – Reflex
- Shoes – Puma
is what gets you started,
is what keeps you going.
hi my name is McKenzie Pickett and I would really like to gain weight in my shoulders and arms because I look so bony in these areas loll, I cant maintain weight I do gain and that frustrates me. what should I do to accomplish this (gaining weight in arms and shoulders?
Hi Mckenzie, sorry for the late reply. to maintain you should make sure you’re following a diet that allows you to eat enough calories to maintain the weight. to gain muscle weight in your arm start exercising upper body 2-3 times per week with light weights 5-15lbs. do a bicep curls, pushups, shoulder press and triceps extensions. increase weight after several weeks to gain muscle.
So kool thank u
No more wimping out on your workouts. Here’s how to lose the excuses, make over your motivation, and finally score the body you want. Thanks for the post.
Hello Lisa do you still have your videos Available on Instagram